WordCamp Portland 2010
WordCamp Portland set the bar high in 2009 with informative, entertaining speeches, amazing food, and a great space. Somehow Morgan, Aaron, Kelly, Cory, and the rest of the volunteers and organizers exceeded these expectations and put on one of the best WordCamps. You can read my slides, and see my code elsewhere, but I wanted to highlight a few of the speeches that stood out to me as especially good.
- Devin Price
- Devin presented on Custom Post Types and gave the audience a chance to understand exactly how this great tool works.
- Mark Jaquith
- Mark’s presentation on having the best WordPress of your life should be a must view for anyone that is using WordPress.
- Sherri Bigelow
- If you want to know how to provide high quality support to All of your users, you should check out this great speech. It will be like adding hollandaise to your life; everything will become better.
- Amanda Blum
- A great compliment to Sherri’s speech, Amanda spoke specifically on dealing with clients. This might have been the funniest speech I saw all weekend.
- Jane Wells
- Jane explained how everything in the WordPress world gets decided and ways for people to get involved in making the software and community better.
I’d also like to thank Pete mall, The entire crew from 9 Seeds, Matt Mullenweg, Alex Mills and everyone else that I had the opportunity to spend some time with. WordCamp Portland taught me once again that it is the people that make the community so great and the crowd in Portland was one of the bests.