I blogged turning twenty eight last year, so I figured I should continue the trend and blog this, my twenty ninth birthday.
Twenty eight was a good year. I achieved some of the goals I had set out for myself, but not all. I do feel as though it was a year of great professional and personal growth. A year later and i am much more confident in what I want, both personally and professionally and feel like I am on track to achieve my long term goals.
For twenty eight I set seven goals for myself:
- Ship more code – which I beat my success metric tremendously. Overhauling many parts of main projects release process certainly helped.
- Visit a foreign country – I failed at this one and I don’t have a good reason for it.
- Finish watching Battlestar Galactica – I continued with the second season but soon lost interest
- Read more books – I aimed for 10 and did 12. A lot of the credit for this goes to me getting hooked on the hunger games trilogy and finishing all three in about two weeks.
Of my secret goals, I achieved one and de-prioritized the other two in favor of some other project.
For twenty nine I am setting an couple goals again.
- Post 500 pictures online. I have 63 items on flickr right now. One year from now I want that to be 563 (or more!)
- Read 13 books. Since I read 12 last year, I want to aim for one more
- Better blog my workflows. I want to post at least 7 posts on the tools and procedures I use to get things done
Secret goals are ftl, ldc and wcdc.
Twenty Nine is the final year of my twenties. I want to go out strong. The twenties have been absolutely better then the teens. I want to end them on a high note.
My Wish List if you are so inclined