I spent the last few days in Tempe, Arizona at Pressnomics. This was an interesting event for me, as I don’t think I fit the mold of the attendees. While I work on WordPress, and Happytables is built using WordPress, I’m not involved in the business of WordPress per say. None the less, I had some amazing conversations, met some great people, and got to know some others better. As I think back on the event, here are some random thoughts:
- Alex King’s keynote was incredibly powerful. I was in tears. I’m glad Alex got to give a “Last Lecture” to the WordPress community.
- Sally and Josh did a great job. Everything seemed well thought out and planned.
- The themes that stood out to me over the course of the conference:
- We need to think about people as people and take care of them. This especially includes ourselves.
- On the underside of the iceberg, lots is going on.
- The WordPress buisness ecosystem is growing, but it’s still not big.
- I got positive reactions to my talk. I should likely turn the rest into a blog post
- The Jorbin Test seems to have had a mostly positive reception. I hope it helps other developers.
- The quote of the conference was without a doubt “some of us crusty old broads code”.
- I enjoyed making word art from quotes in speeches. I have a few more to do, but here are the first four:
The featured image of Wapuu wearing a bowtie is by Michelle Schulp.